It’s time to fire up the grill and enjoy the outdoors. A favorite of tailgaters and backyard chefs, this recipe from the website Love Me Some Bacon is sure to please the pork lovers in your group. The author recommends using hickory or apple wood pellets if using a pellet grill.
- 2 pork tenderloins (silver skin removed)
- 1 package of thick cut bacon
- Honey Dijon mustard
- 1 bottle of your favorite apricot BBQ sauce.
- Turn your grill up to high, preheat for 10 minutes.
- Cut your pork tenderloins into thin strips lengthwise. You may want to cut the thin strips in half depending how long your strips are. You want your bacon strips to be longer than your pork strips.
- Slather one side of the pork tenderloin strips with the Dijon honey mustard.
- Roll the bacon up with the tenderloin with the bacon on the outside.
- When your pellet grill is at 400-450 degrees place your twirls on the grill.
- After about 8-10 minutes flip and slather with your favorite apricot bbq sauce. Make sure to watch your bacon so it doesn’t get too done.
- Grill the opposite side for another 8-10 minutes making sure both sides are slathered with sauce and are starting to caramelize.
- Let twirls cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.