- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, rinsed, spun dry and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 6 slices of whole wheat bread
- 3-inch length of seedless cucumber cut into thin slices
In a small bowl combine the mint, butter, and cream cheese and stir the mixture until it is combined well. Spread the bread slices with the butter mixture, top 3 of them with the cucumber, distributing the cucumber evenly and seasoning it with salt. Top the cucumber with the remaining bread slices. Cut off and discard the crusts and cut each sandwich diagonally into quarters. Recipe can be doubled or even tripled. If sandwiches will sit for any length of time, spread bread slices thinly with extra butter before adding filling to prevent bread from becoming soggy. Makes 12 sandwiches.