Ham Salad Spread
A well prepared glazed ham takes center stage on Easter Sunday, along
with potato salad, fresh green beans and other traditional holiday foods.
Leftover ham makes great sandwiches without any additional preparation,
but this delicious spread will make you forget you are eating leftovers.
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups chopped leftover ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, more or less
- to taste
- 5 or 6 drops of hot sauce if desired
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Grind your ham, onion and celery in a food processer or with a hand grinder. In a large bowl, combine ground mixture with hot sauce, mayonnaise, mustard and spices. Serve with crackers or as a sandwich spread.